Freedom City 2017 community organisers
As a Community Organiser you can assist Northern Roots (as part of Freedom City 2017) with one or more of the following tasks. You will be able to access training courses in community organising and other skills as part of your induction.
- Assist with the recruitment of participants and other volunteers for
Freedom on the Tyne
– a mass participation arts performance on 29th October 2017
- Provide support to artists in community workshop settings
- Provide support to community participants in workshops and rehearsals, especially those with access and language challenges
- Be a champion in your community for the Tyne performance and involvement in the arts generally
- Support the Engagement Officer to distribute and circulate information and communications to community groups.
The role requires around 2 hours a week of your time for at least 12 weeks and you will need to complete an enhanced DBS clearance.
Organisation name (if applicable)
Website (if applicable)
I have personal or professional experience as
a leader of a community group
a leader of a charity or community interest group
a campaigner on issues affecting your community
an artist active in my community
other relevant experience
Please provide details of any of relevant experience
Do Not Fill This Out